|Resources||Newsletter||Flow Cytometry Center||Shared Equipment||Room Reservations|
|Grant Deadlines||Grant Commitment||Links||Contact|
Microbiology & Immunology Flow Cytometry Core Equipment Reservations
To reserve time on the the BD FACS II or the BD FACSAria II in HHSC 1211A, see Flow Cytometry Core Reservations or if you have already been trained on the machines, log-in directly to columbiacore.labcommander.com with your Columbia email address and the password provided by the core manager. Training for use of the machines can be provided. To obtain the password, or to arrange for training, contact Amir Figueroa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-342-4089.
Microbiology & Immunology Microscopy Core Equipment Reservations
To reserve time on the Zeiss confocal microscope in HHSC 1201, log-in to columbiacore.labcommander.com with your Columbia email address and the password provided by the core manager. You will have to have prior training to be able to use the microscope. To obtain the password, or to arrange for training, contact Amir Figueroa at email@example.com or 212-342-4089.
In addition, the laboratories of individual faculty at the Department of Microbiology & Immunology are home to a number of pieces of major equipment that are shared and available for department members to use.
(1) Silverstein Shared Equipment: Berthold Lumat LB9507 luminometer, NanoDrop ND-1000 spectrophotometer, Wallac 1409 Liquid Scintillation Counter, Sorvall RC5B Plus and RC5C high speed centrifuges and two Beckman L8-80M ultracentrifuges.
(2) Fidock Shared Equipment: BioRad Opticon2 Real Time PCR Detector, Alpha Innotech Fliour Chem 8900 MultiImager, Perkin-Elmer Victor 3 1420 Multilabel Counter, Tomtec Cell Harvester, Wallac 1450 Microbeta Trilux Counter, Sorvall RC6 Plus high speed centrifuge and Beckman Optima LE80K ultracentrifuge.
(3) Goff Shared Equipment: ABI 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System, Berthold Centro LB 960 luminometer and Kodak X-omat 2000 Processor.
(4) Reizis Shared Equipment: Stratagene MX3000P QPCR machine and Fotodyne UV Imaging System.
(5) Ghosh Shared Equipment: Amersham Biosciences Typhoon Trio Variable Mode Imager, LICOR UV imager, Stratagene MX3000P QPCR machine, Biotek Synergy 2 Multi-Mode Microplate Reader and Bioruptor UCD400 multiple sample sonicator system for ChIP.
(6) Symington Shared Equipment: BioRad Chef-DRII pulse field gel apparatus.
(7) Schindler Shared Equipment: Beckman L8-80M ultracentrifuge.
Contact the individual faculty member to arrange to use a particular piece of shared equipment.